The following is a list of publications that I have edited. I specialize in independently publishing authors, striving to provide the best service for their needs.
For four years, I worked on Leading Edge Magazine, BYU’s science fiction and fantasy magazine. For the first year, I was an acquisitions editor and marketing manager. For the following three years, I was a managing editor, helping to put the entire magazine together from acquisitions to publication.
I edited seven issues of the magazine:
- Leading Edge Magazine, Issue 70
- Leading Edge Magazine, Issue 69
- Leading Edge Magazine, Issue 68
- Leading Edge Magazine, Issue 67 3/4
- Leading Edge Magazine, Issue 67
- Leading Edge Magazine, Issue 66
- Leading Edge Magazine, Issue 65
Mikki Helmer (Kells) is an exceptional young adult author who I work with on many projects. The published projects that I’ve worked with her on are in The Ace of Hearts series: book one, The Ace of Hearts, and book two, Black Jack.
Carmen Crowley and Carol Stokes
Carmen Crowley and Carol Stokes are twin authors who write cozy romances that readers can read wrapped up in a blanket near a fire. I edited all four books of the Affairs of the Heart series: A Christmas Holiday Affair: Abby’s Story; A Sporting Affair: Lisa’s Story; An Accidental Affair: Kimberly’s Story; and An Unexpected Affair: Hannah’s Story.
For Kameron Claire, I have edited her debut, independently published Greyson Enterprises series. Book one, Bedding the Boss, releases in November.
From February 2016 to May 2017, I worked as an editorial intern at the Joseph Smith Papers project and the Church Historian’s Press, both publications from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Church Historian’s Press publishes broadly on LDS Church history, while the Joseph Smith Papers project publishes the documents and historical papers related to the life of Joseph Smith, the church’s first prophet.
In this position, I edited footnotes, bibliographies, and online text. I also proofed books (like the ones above) and edited indexes.
The volumes and texts that I worked on are as follows:
- The Joseph Smith Papers, Documents, Volume 6
- The Joseph Smith Papers, Documents, Volume 5
- At the Pulpit: 185 Years of Discourses by Latter-day Saint Women
- Joseph Smith’s Revelations: A Doctrine and Covenants Study Companion
- The Joseph Smith Papers: Council of Fifty, Minutes
- The Joseph Smith Papers: Documents, Volume 4
- The First Fifty Years of Relief Relief Society
- The Journal of George Q. Cannon
Stowaway Magazine is the editing minor capstone course at BYU. For this course, you spend a semester with fellow editing students writing, editing, and designing an issue of the magazine. I served as managing editor twice for this magazine.
The first time I put together a group of volunteer editing students to produce an issue (Winter 2016) over a summer semester. The second time I earned course credit by working with a group of four students to produce another issue (Spring 2016).
For my senior year at Brigham Young University, I volunteered as editor-in-chief for AWE: A Woman’s Experience to produce Volume 4.
From July 2015 to January 2016, I worked as an editorial intern at Familius Publishing, a publishing house focused on providing nonfiction books that encourage family living. For summer 2016, I worked as a marketing and publicity intern for this same publishing house.
I edited and did publicity for the following books:
- How to Succeed with Your Home Owners Association
- The Ultimate Guide to Being a Superhero
- New Tricks for Old Dogs
- Old Age Is the Absence of Youth (and a Lot of Other Things)
- 523 Ways to Be Awesome
- The Stevia Solution Cookbook
- Fortify: The Fighter’s Guide to Overcoming Pornography Addiction